I was originally going to be the Scarecrow from the Batman movie. But a suit with a piece of burlap over my head didn’t seem like an exciting costume. So I kinda went with a traditional scarecrow. The head’s a piece of burlap, that I used some polyurethane on to keep the folds and creases stiff. I airbrushed it, so that it wouldn’t look like a sack with two holes over my head. I made both the pants and the tunic using patterns that I found online, and then put some patches (using leftover burlap) and some stitching detail using twine to make them look more authentic. Then I found an old straw hat, and got a pair of buckskin gloves and painted them brown to match the costume. From there I just added some raffia in that hat to give the effect of hair, and used some natural fiber rope to tie around my hands, ankles, and waist — along with making a noose to hold the mask on. I also used an old scythe that I found at a yard sale for a prop.