Kid Owl Costume
This is a DIY – click the “View” button on the sidebar to view the entire DIY:
###You will need:
– cozy fleece or sweatshirt that you don’t mind glueing feathers on!
Coordinating felt pieces
– one or two feather dusters (one would be enough feathers, but I wanted two colours)
– fabric for owl hat; jersey/t-shirt material fits best, as it has some stretch. I used velvet & was a bit finicky, but I made it work
(*also pictured are some stretchy onion bags that I didn’t end up using as well as a sequined purse that ended up being a dismal and disappointing failure, but that led to the felt and that ended up better in the long run! So please disregard those items, lol)
– sewing machine (and some basic sewing skills)
– hot glue gun
– scissors & thread
– tape measure and/or your child’s head measurements
I spent 69cents each on four colours of felt and the feather dusters were $3.79 each. Everything else was stuff I already had. This is a very inexpensive costume and went together very quickly.