Keep your Kids Safe this Halloween
According to experts at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Children are four times more likely to be hit by a car on Halloween night than on any other night of the year”.
Here are some tips:
– Local community centers, shopping malls or schools should be encouraged to organize Halloween festivities that allow kids to “trick-or-treat” without walking outside in the dark.
– If kids do go out at night, make sure they stick to the sidewalks and obey traffic signals.
– Remind children to stay together in a group with at least one adult chaperone.
– Be sure children are aware of the potential dangers from strangers, and remind them to stay in familiar areas.
– Avoid masks that block children’s vision and costumes that could cause them to trip, such as baggy pants and high heels.
– Make sure costume fabrics and accessories are made of flame-resistant materials, such as nylon or polyester.
– Keep kids away from candlelit Jack-O-Lanterns.
– Inspect all candy before children eat it and dispose of anything not in a sealed wrapper.
– Bring a flashlight while trick-or-treating to increase visibility.
– Costume accessories, such as wands and swords, should be made from safe, flexible materials and not have any sharp edges.
Power Parent : How to Keep Your Kids Safe Rondeau; Christina Sports & - Sports & Recreation Martial Arts & Self-Defense Political Science Public Policy Social Services & Welfare - Spor...
Internet Protect Your Kids : Keep Your Children Safe from the Dark Sid - Computers Security Online Safety & Privacy Computers Internet General - Computers
Crafts for Kids Fun and creative crafts that will keep children of all ages entertained Plan a fun and unique day at home with your little ones These crafts are sure to be a hit in your family Create ...
1000 Top Tips for Moms and Dads : How to Keep Your Kids Healthy; Safe - Health & Fitness Children'S Health Family & Relationships Parenting General - Health & Fitness
365 Ways to Keep Kids Safe : How to Make Your Childs World Safer; Ages - Family & Relationships Parenting General - Family & Relationships
Grab your crayons, because it's time to find some place safe and cozy - and bring monsters to life Pick up a copy of "This is NOT your kid's HALLOWEEN cowering. er. COLORING Book," and get ready slap ...
Get your hands on this amazing This is My Halloween Costume The Guy Who Banged Your Mom Top. All of our This is My Halloween Costume The Guy Who Banged Your Mom Tops have a classic, comfortable fit as...
The Looking to impress your guests with a fun game that also makes a great decoration? Then get the Army Pull String Pinata as one of the party supplies for your child's Army themed party this year. A...