How to make a Kitty Cat costume
– 1/2 yard purple leopard fabric plus scraps
– 1 yard of 1″ elastic
– purple marabou trim
– black plastic headband
– hot glue gun
– Danskin leotard #9238 in purple and tights #387 in black (all leotards and tights from danskin.com)
– black boots.
– To make a leopard miniskirt, sew the short ends of the fabric together.
– Turn top edge down 1″ to form casing for elastic waistband, then stitch, leaving opening to insert elastic.
– Cut elastic to the measurement of your child’s waist plus 1″.
– Feed elastic through casing using a safety pin.
– Pull elastic to fit comfortably, and sew ends together.
– Hem bottom of skirt, and glue marabou around the bottom edge.
– Use scraps of fabric to make kitty ears and a scarf to tie a bow around your child’s neck; glue ears to headband.
– Wear skirt over leotard and complete the outfit with black boots.